5 Tips To Increase Your Fuel Efficiency
- Check your tire pressure once a month. Under-inflated tires use more fuel reducing efficiency.
- Lighten the load. If you don’t need it, don’t keep it in the car. Remove roof racks if not needed and don’t keep unnecessary items in the trunk. Carrying extra weight can wastes gas.
- When appropriate, use your cruise control. This can save you up to 6 percent in fuel consumption on the highway.
- Do not leave the vehicle in idle. The modern engine will consume less fuel turning off and re-starting than left idling for some time. Additionally, you should drive your car to warm up the engine. It works much quicker than waiting for the engine to warm up on its own.
- Drive smoothly. Besides fuel, it also saves on overall wear and tear by using smooth accelerations and less heavy braking.
Find the Right Savings for You!
Which Best Describes You?